EDEXCEL BTEC QUALIFICATIONS ONLINE
Recognition and Accreditation
Edexcel is the UK’s largest awarding body accredited by the UK Government’s Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) to award a wide range of qualifications. Edexcel is highly respected worldwide for its learning and educational excellence. Its vocational and academic qualifications are accredited by the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) and are recognized internationally by employers, professional bodies and institutions of higher learning.
Edexcel operates in 112 countries and every year more than four million people study its internationally recognised qualifications. Edexcel offer a wide variety of both vocational and general qualifications, including BTEC with more than 500,000 students studying these programmes each year.
Edexcel BTEC qualifications are accepted by all UK Universities for direct entry to the 2nd or 3rd years of a Bachelors degree depending on the grades achieved. Candidates scoring an overall merit or distinction will almost automatically enter the 3rd (Top-up) year of the degree programme.
- HNCs and HNDs are accredited at level 4 and 5 respectively of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). In comparison, a Bachelors degree is accredited at level 6.
- The total number of units to be completed is around 16 depending on the credit value of the units selected. On average, 8 units are offered at year 1(120 credits) and 8 in year 2 (120 credits). The units are comprised of Core units which are compulsory and Specialist units designed to provide flexibility and focus on a candidate’s area of interest.
- An academic year is split into two semesters and (classroom-based) students will be able to cover the equivalent of 4 units per semester. Online learners may be able to complete 4 units in 3-5 months depending on their individualised learning schedule.
- After successful completion of the Higher National Diploma (HND) with 240 credit value, learners will progress to the top-up (final year) of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Learners scoring Merits and Distinctions will almost certainly progress to the final top-up year of the degree. Learners with lower grades may progress to the second year or top-up year depending on the university.
- The Diploma and Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership are accredited at level 7 of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). After successful completion of the Extended Diploma with 120 credit value, learners will progress to the top-up of an MBA or other relevant Masters degree.
Main Edexcel BTEC Courses
We offer the following courses:
Details for each course can be obtained from the respective course fact sheet on the website; Courses.
There are various routes of entry to HND level study;
- The standard route to higher education comprised of at least 2 “A” levels or 4-5 credits at GCSE or “O” level.
- Those who have completed the access route through the National Vocational Qualifications NVQ level 3.
- Mature candidates (over 21 years) without formal/standard educational qualifications but with more than 2 years work experience.
- English proficiency at GCSE level or (IELTS 5.0 / TOEFEL 60%) is required for international applicants.
Entry requirements for the Level 7 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership include;
- A first degree in any field
- A level 5 HND or Advanced Diploma in related field with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- A mature entry route with no formal qualifications but with at least 5 years relevant work experience at a senior position.